We serve single parents: moms and dads. Is a single parent you know drowning? Are you a single parent who is overwhelmed or starting over? We offer a hand up…not a hand out! Single parents who are drowning do not drown by themselves – their children are casualties too. The Single Parent Support Network exists to help the drowning emerge, the strong become stronger and our network is full of restored lives.
We serve single moms and single dads. We have a heart for single parents and almost everything we do includes a meal and childcare!
To encourage, educate and empower single parents to rise up and successfully lead their families to become contributing and productive citizens in our communities.
Empowering single parents to grow successful families and build strong communities.
- framework was memorialized in writing by Rhonda Thomas, founder
- held 1st annual Queen For A Day event
- support groups began
- monthly outings began
- received IRS 501 (c) (3) status of non-profit
- created first strategic plan
- over 300 single mothers and grandmothers served and honored at Queen For A Day event with Debbie Phelps, mother to olympic swimming champion, Michael Phelps
- 60 single parent families attained membership
- life coaching sessions via teleconferencing began
- launched after school tutoring for children of single parent famililes
- ground work laid for the launch of Adopt a Single Parent Family mentoring program
- established the Parenting Restored Program (PRP) and parenting classes
- held 1st annual Enchanted Evening event with former Oklahoma County District Attorney, Wes Lane
- completed the Standards of Excellence program through Oklahoma Center for Non Profits
- presented 1st annual Legacy Awards to Governor Mary Fallin, Sheriff John Whetsel, Councilman Ed Shadid, M.D., and Jan Dunham of Children’s Miracle Network
- held 1st annual Mothers and Sons Conference
- began legwork for ReSTART ™ program and Wingspan book publication
- 1st SPSN Chapter established
- Wingspan book published nationwide
- Queen For A Day event expanded into Tulsa region
- began groundwork for membership rewards program
- published ReSTART manual
- went through Standards for Excellence series
- launched 2 additional SPSN chapters
- launched ReSTART program
- established need to translate ReSTART curriculum into spanish
- attained cetification through Nonprofit Management Certification Program
- published Wingspan Leader’s guide
- launched Military Queen For A Day